Friday, August 29, 2008

Eric has something to say...

I have been asked a question a lot lately. That question is, "Do you read your wife's blog?" No, in fact, I do not. And every time I give that answer, I can almost hear the anger and disappointment in people's voices, as though I had intentionally chosen to be the only person in the world to miss out on the one defining moment in American Literature. This is my entry to explain myself.

I know that all of you who are ardent readers of this blog love the pictures that are posted, and you probably feel as though I am missing out on the early years of the lives of my children by not looking at them. Here's a secret for you. I took many of those pictures myself.

Furthermore, for every entry in her blog, my wife forces me to help her narrow down the eight million pictures of our beloved children into three or four. We do not always agree on the right choice for the picture. For example, if the main theme of the blog for the day is the fact that the children seem to be sleeping as much as Rip Van Winkle, I do not believe that a picture of them bright eyed and smiling, sitting on a Bumbo, would be ideal. My wife and I spend more time together picking the pictures for the blog than doing anything else.

And after the pictures are decided upon, my wife "writes" the blog. I have heard many comments from friends and family members about her wonderful writing style and subtle use of humor. Let me inform you all about how she "writes" these blogs. Her writing style is this......Step 1) Write a sentence.......Step 2) Ask Eric if sounds ok, if a word should be hyphenated or replaced by another, and if there is a better way to get the message across.....Step 3) Repeat.

I do not have to read my wife's blog. Someone once said "Oh, I guess you kind of live your wife's blog, don't you?" No, it goes further than that. If one were to look deep down inside of my soul, I think they would find that I am my wife's blog.

3 comments:

Epps said...

Eric - sounds as if you're the silent partner in this blog! (Well, you WERE the silent partner.)
As I continue to check in and read, I'll listen carefully for that gentle Kentucky accent hidden among Sarah's carefully selected phrases!

Laura said...

I'm cracking up reading this

Jen said...

Before I read your last sentence I was going to "comment" with the very same thing: "You are your wife's blog."