Saturday, March 6, 2010

The BEST CAKE ever!!


I told Eric that if I could ever say a recipe had been completely my idea, I wish it had been this one....it is fabulous!! It's easy to make, has some healthy ingredients, and everyone begs for more of it!! I had to share since it is currently my favorite dessert to make. Now I'm off to make banana bread muffins for breakfast tomorrow. Night!

Oatmeal Cake

The ingredients:

CAKE:
1-1/4 cups boiling water
1 cup instant oatmeal
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt

ICING:
2 Tbs. melted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. salt
2-4 Tbs. milk

Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan and set aside.
Place oatmeal in a small bowl and our boiling water over it. Let stand for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile cream butter and sugars together; add eggs, vanilla, and oatmeal.
Mix well and blend in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
Cake will be dark brown.

FOR ICING: Mix melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt with a mixer.
Beat in enough milk to achieve consistency of glue.
Drizzle icing over warm cake with the tines of a fork. Serve warm. Enjoy!

No comments: