Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wednesday and Thursday

Lexi had herself a day yesterday...talk about gru-ump-py!! Wow, that child had a full day of craziness. In the morning, we went walking with our friends when Lexi acted ugly to her friend. When I talked to her about it and asked her to apologize, she screamed no at me. She was adamant that she would not apologize. I apologized to Kiley and felt really sad that Lexi was acting that way.

The day kept getting worse, and when Eric got home, I took a little time out. I really needed a break from the girls fighting over who loved the dogs more and who wanted which color wand. Eric loved on them and seemed to break Lexi out of her funk. The rest of the afternoon went much better.

Around dinner time, Lexi comes up to me and says, "Mommy, remember when you told me to apologize and I said no?" I answered yes. She then said, "Mommy, I wanna say sorry now." She was very serious and matter of fact.

Of course, I grabbed my phone and called our friends. When Kiley was on the phone, Lexi told her that she was sorry and didn't act right. She then said, "I love you!" Kiley told her she loved her too. Then Lexi's face lit up and she said, "I love you too, Kiley! See you tomorrow!" I was almost melted on the floor. It was the most adorable and sweet thing I have ever heard in my life. They were both such big girls about it too. Wow! Tonight they are in bed and I am just so proud of them. It always seems like we have the BEST day after we have the WORST day. Today has been a lot of fun.


We also had our first behavioral training session with a "dog whisperer" trainer today. We learned some basic techniques to help Emma and Sneezy be more productive members of the family. We are working to correct some aggression issues they have with each other. Last week, Sneezy made a trip to the emergency vet clinic with a hole in his paw. Let's just say, Emma was almost taken back to the shelter. But, she is still a young girl, and a SWEET one at that. So we decided to work on training her really well before getting rid of her. We got her with that mindset in the first place.

Next week, is a busy week with medical issues. Emma goes to the vet on Wednesday to get fixed and Thursday, Lilly will be having her EEG to check for irregular brain activity. Since Lexi had some, Lilly probably will too. If she does, we will order an MRI as well and then go from there. We would love prayers for those two big events. As for Lexi, she is doing fine on the medication so far. She has a follow up with her neurologist in December.

No comments: