Friday, May 6, 2011

Funny Conversations

I just had to write some of these things down...

Today, the girls and I were driving down the road and Lilly asked about her birthday and if she could then be a big girl and get married. Lexi interrupts and says when she is a big girl, she will be able to marry her Daddy.

I said something like, "Hey. I am already married to your daddy. And we love each other." Lexi says, "You married MY Daddy?!" Then we all giggled a little as I said yes. Then I explained that when they were MUCH older, and they had spent a LOT of time praying to God about a wonderful man that would love them as much as their Daddy loves me, then we could talk about them getting married. But I made sure to ask them to wait a long time before worrying about any of that.

Now, this part almost made me cry...Lilly then asks if I will help her get ready and fix her hair and help her put on her dress when she gets married. I told her that, of course, I would help her. How sweet and precious is she!

Another funny thing they are saying lately, is from the movie Tangled. They love to run around saying, "Struggling is pointless!!" Even when they hug each other tightly. It's funny stuff.

Then today I took the dog to the vet and the girls watched Madagascar with Eric. At dinner tonight, I was teasing Eric and Lexi pops out with, "You mess with him, and you mess with me!" Then she cracked up laughing.

For all the daily drama that comes with this age, they are really becoming clever and funny little girls. I love their senses of humor and the way they giggle. Today was just a blessed day that was super fun for everyone involved. If I had a nickel for every little giggle I heard today, I would be a rich woman. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

so sweet Sarah!