Sunday, February 5, 2012

Life in November


November was kind of a quiet and fun month. We LOVE Thanksgiving around here, so we spent a lot of time with the girls trying to get them to understand being truly thankful. I want them to know how blessed they are, no matter what comes up in life and to be able to thank God for all the blessings.

I read the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp (http://onethousandgifts.com/) and it was the best book. Our women's Bible study at church read it together and discussed it. Seriously, everyone should read this book. So now I have my "gift list" going and I got the girls involved in writing their own lists. I actually write them down, but I hope it is a discipline and mindset that sticks.

We concentrated on being thankful, enjoyed ballet class, went to my Dad's house for Thanksgiving, and decorated for Christmas...that about sums up the month. :) It wouldn't be my blog without a lot of photos, so here are some fun ones to show our great month.

Lilly practiced and practiced and learned how to draw balloons on her own. She was so stink in' proud and cute! I was pretty proud too!!

She described this drawing as a worm eating green beans. :)
Lexi's first paper cuts...she was really upset so I told her to show me her grumpy face for the camera. That is a pretty good grumpy face.
Skater chicks :)
On Thanksgiving, we went to my Dad and stepmom's house. The cousins REALLY love hanging out. They are adorable together too. Here are the oldest 4 watching Power Rangers and eating popcorn.

Dad, Lexi, and Eric hanging out...
The four oldest, Tristan, Tanner, and Lilly & Lexi helped Nana make butter. It was a lot of fun and I think they loved it. Here they are with their bowl of homemade butter...
Lilly, Lexi, Tanner...5 months apart and adorable!


Playing outside in the cool air.

The cousins, until Noah was born. :)
They ride on Daddy's back now like an elephant.
Posing...
32 weeks with Noah!
We also enjoyed some yummy comfort food, like Grandma Kathy's chicken spaghetti...
Lilly wanted a mohawk, just like Sneezy.
See, mohawk doggie!
Silly girls...
Ready for Christmas.
They decorated my computer with their nativity scene...
The girls' tree for their room. I think this is super cute!
Ballet class. They are the cutest ballerinas...
I love the crafts they make at church. Handprint turkeys...
And they are still the sweetest, snuggliest girls around.



No comments: