Sunday, August 31, 2008

Eric...

Okay, so I have to agree with Eric's entry...although he probably took only about half of the pictures shown. I do make him look at every single picture I take though. :) He is a wonderful dad and doesn't mind a bit.

I am trying to get him to write on the blog more often and thought that was a fun first post! It made me laugh. Here is a funny story about the new daddy...

First of all, Eric is SUPER helpful with the girls. He has changed quite a lot of diapers. The other day I came home from the dentist and he had a story for me...Apparently Lilly had messed her diaper and not 20 seconds later was leaking out. Eric said he heard a noise and by the time he got to the swing, it had squeezed out up to her chest. I don't say this to gross anyone out, but I am sure you can imagine Eric's reaction to the situation. He ran her to the nursery and later said, "I cleaned her up enough I hope, but you might want to give her a bath in case I missed anything!" It was hilarious!!

So yesterday I was doing something and had my hands full. I heard a groan from Lexi and then a LOUD toot..well, you mothers know that there is a toot, and then there is a toot where you know something came with it. I called for Eric to grab her and check her diaper. He ran in the living room and immediately picked her up. I guess by the time he got her to their room, she had leaked everywhere. He got her all cleaned up and was about to put on a clean diaper when she peed all over him. I bet some of you thought girls couldn't do that. Well, let me tell you, they can..I know from several personal experiences with my girls.

As Eric tells it, he cleaned up the pee and finally thought he was in the clear when she decided to spit up all over the place...he he he!! Poor Daddy! I love it that he gets some of these experiences. I am sure he will cherish these memories forever! :) And as soon as he gets her cleaned up, he is lovin' on her and smiling at her again! It's the most precious thing ever!

I am feeling long winded today, so here is another story about Eric. As some of you know, Eric joined the Air Force at age 17. He was a military policeman. After getting out of the military, he was a policeman for a couple of REALLY ROUGH places...East St. Louis and Washington DC. Needless to say, he can handle a weapon.

Eric and my father took the class together and got their concealed handgun licenses a few months back and since then Eric has purchased a couple more guns. Now, I am fairly nervous around guns unless handled by my father or Eric. But last night, when we had a scare in the middle of the night, I had a realization. I have always known that Eric was the perfect man for me and that God brought him into my life at the right time, but I am often struck by the extra little ways that Eric is perfect for me...

God knew that I needed a man that could protect me. We heard a couple of loud noises in the yard around 1 am and Eric got up to check it out. Then when we were sure it was nothing, we let the dogs outside and Sneezy went nuts and ran around the house barking. I jumped in fear and Eric went to the bedroom and got his gun out. He then snuck outside and walked the perimeter of the house. Although I was still freaked out for a couple of hours (it was probably only one of the wild cats in the neighborhood), I was so thankful to have a husband who could protect his family like that.

Eric is a wonderful man, husband, and now father!! I am one lucky woman! :) Love you sweetie!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Leaky diapers are the worst! You got to witness my baby's first hand.