Friday, September 12, 2008

Still sleeping...

Well the girls are still sleeping through the night really well. It started at 9 weeks. For the most part, they sleep at least 6 hours at first and then go back to sleep for 3 or 4 hours after a bottle. The last few nights have been 10 hours, 10 hours, 9 hours, and 9.5 hours without waking up. I hear them stirring, and occasionally check their breathing to make sure they are okay, but it's amazing what you will worry about as a mom. I called my pediatrician a few weeks ago when the girls slept that long for the first time.

She said that as long as they were not losing their appetite during the day and were still having at least 5-6 wet diapers a day that they were okay! Well, I guess they are okay then. We actually still feed them every 3 hours during the day, because they are extra hungry during the day now. We don't mind this at all and they seem to be happy, so I guess I have to be thankful. I just wasn't expecting THIS much sleeping through the night.

I try to keep them engaged all day and not sure sometimes what to do to keep them awake and happy. After a bottle, they will rest their eyes for a few minutes and then they wake up. We try and do lots of tummy time and I love to play with them. I am soooooooo exhausted by the end of the day. I show them rattles and teddy bears and we go on walks and go to the store. We sit them in our laps and talk to them and coo at them. Of course, they laugh and coo back. It's pretty awesome! They are holding their heads up and just growing sooooooo much. Sometimes I run out of ideas and they sleep for a few minutes. :) By 8 pm, they are fussy and grumpy, but as soon as we put on their pajamas, and turn the lights out, they crash. It's adorable.

1 comment:

Laura said...

thats great that they are doing so well at night. I find that I sometimes don't know what to do with maddie during the day when she is awake and not hungry. I feel like we play with the same old toys and do the same things alot. I guess its hard at this age when they are so young.