Sunday, October 12, 2008

One more thing...

So I had a list in my head of all the things to put in today's blog and I forgot something. Some of you may be thinking, "Wow! Two blogs in one day? I thought she had twins." :) Well, the first blog was done during a nap and now they are in bed for the night. So, I have a few minutes!!
Today the girls were playing on their playmat. They were all excited about their tiger and the butterflies and were holding hands. My girls have fast growing fingernails and I have to cut them often. I needed to cut them today but didn't get a chance. Well, while they were holding hands, they both got so excited that they squeezed each others fingers too tight and ended up hurting each others fingers.

It was almost funny because they are REALLY just learning to grasp things tightly and are not super coordinated at it yet. So they kept holding tighter and tighter but wouldn't let go of each other. They were suddenly screaming and crying and couldn't figure out how to let go. I was sitting right there and once I figured out what was wrong, I pulled their little hands apart. Lilly automatically stopped crying, but Lexi didn't...she was so upset. It was like her feelings had been sooooooo hurt by her sister and she was heartbroken. I held her until she stopped crying and she scowled at her sister a little bit.

I took Lexi to her room to change her diaper and when we went back to the playmat, her and Lilly were both fine! I laid her back down and within 5 minutes, they were both snuggled up sound asleep! Lilly was even kissing the top of Lexi's head. Here is the picture of what we saw...they crack me up!


1 comment:

Jen said...

That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet!