Monday, March 30, 2009

Blessed

For some reason, I am emotional today. My best friend for the past 15 years is having her 2nd child right now...a precious little boy!! I am so happy for Amy, James, and 3 year old Hannah-Banana! Love you guys!! I'm coming to see you soon, I hope!

I am also just reminded how extremely blessed I am. God has blessed me with the love of my life, my Eric! I have 2 of the funniest, goofy little dogs that I can't imagine life without, and now I am the proud mommy of identical twin daughters. I am just blown away when I think about it. I read so many sad stories of people struggling to get pregnant or having babies with heart and brain diseases or are just struggling to make it. Part of me feels bad, because I am sitting in my house on my laptop with 2 healthy little girls asleep in the next room. I do not deserve better than anyone else and I know that my life is not perfect, but I am just so thankful for every day I get and every thing God has given me.

My friend Jessica blessed us yesterday by loaning us some ADORABLE and wonderful baby clothes. Her daughter, Annalise, has grown out of them, and when my girls grow out of them, I am going to give them back for her sister to use for her new daughter (to be born soon...YEA!!). I told Eric last night how God had been so good! I have been able to clothe my children in the cutest things, and feed them when they are hungry, and give them toys to play with...those are amazing blessings!! Thank you Jesus for all my blessings!

Here is the song I have been singing today...

Martina McBride's "Blessed"

I get kissed by the sun
Each morning
Put my feet on a hardwood floor
I get to hear my children laughing
Down the hall through the bedroom door

Sometimes I sit on my
Front porch swing
Just soaking up the day
I think to myself, I think to myself
This world is a beautiful place

I have been blessed
And I feel like
I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones
That love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

Across a crowded room,
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet and
No words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

When I'm singing my kids to sleep
When I feel you holding me I know
MY FAMILY!!!
I call this picture, "My twin tornado"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to add a photo of you! You're part of the family, too!