Saturday, March 7, 2009

Creativity is Back

In the last year or so, I felt like my creative/artsy side was lacking. I just didn't have the motivation or energy to do much of anything like that. Well...I'M BACK!!! YEA!!! I love being creative and making things.

After putting the girls down for a nap yesterday, I went to Temple to do a little shopping for some needed household items. While I was in town, I ran by Hobby Lobby. I just walked around and carefully examined things that I really liked. I then came home, and full of inspiration, I made some fun things for the girls' room. I had 3 canvases from Eric and was never sure what to paint on them. I finally decided...check it out!

I hung this on their door...

Then I painted these little "initial" ones to put inside of the big, pink frame that I had on the wall above their bed...I painted them to coordinate with their piggy banks that they got from Jennifer Poppy as a baby shower gift! :) The piggy banks are below...

I didn't make this, but it is one of the "household" items I got at Marshall's. Since the girls are getting more and more accessories, like hats and sunglasses, I figured that they needed something to hang them on...cute, huh? :)

Then I couldn't possibly do a blog without a picture of one of my girls...here is Lilly from her nap earlier today. I think she likes her teddy bear!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sooooooooooooo cute! It feels good getting to do something creative, doesn't it? I totally recognized the initials before I even saw the banks. Love it!