Friday, January 29, 2010

Toddler Room

We set up the girls' toddler room on Sunday and I have been obsessing about it/working on it ever since. Please ignore the wall decorations for now. I don't like the way I have them yet, and am rearranging them constantly. It takes me a while to get it just the way I like it, and I am totally stumped on this one. :) I have some a lot of things I can use, but am not sure how to arrange them or which items to use and leave off yet. I will post pictures of the final arrangement when I get it done. We are also planning to paint the walls a very pale pink color by this summer. Our colors are mostly dark chocolate brown, pale pink, yellow, and a pretty green. Their quilts also have some bright blue and orange in them.

I am also re-doing their closet and am stumped on that one too. I currently have 4 large plastic tubs in my room full of baby clothes and shoes that I hate to part with in case we have another girl (or two!!!) So I need to get things up in the attic and better organized. I made a LONG to-do list last night. If I don't make lists these days, things get forgotten! I guess I am getting old now or something. :)

Until then, here is their room as it looks today...




It is definitely a work in progress. Although I am letting it remind me how truly blessed we are...so blessed to have furniture, a house, and the ability to decorate a house the way we like it. How many people in the world don't even have a home? We are trying to teach the girls to be super thankful every day for the things God has given them!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Oh that is too cute!! I love their rooms!! and their BIG GIRL beds. Apparently everyone is getting spring fever and making home adjustments LOL I am ready do some minor remodeling at our house too! Good luck with the girls closets though!