Monday, May 3, 2010

The Best Homemade Garlic Bread!

I used to buy the expensive "Texas Toast" from the grocery store...well not anymore! Our friends Jessica and Scott made this garlic bread for us one time when they came over for dinner and it was SO GOOD!! And I bet you already have all the ingredients needed.

Your Favorite Bread
Butter
Garlic Salt
Parmesan Cheese (or even mozzarella)

Butter your bread, lightly sprinkle on some garlic salt, cover in a thin layer of cheese...
I couldn't remember what Jessica and Scott did, so I just set the oven to 400℉ and baked the bread for about 5-7 minutes. I let the cheese brown, the butter melt, and the edges of the bread get a little crispy.
There you have it...pure deliciousness! Just watch my children as they close their eyes and say, "MMMMMmmmmm, yummy!!!!"

We, of course, paired it with alphabet pasta and meatballs. The girls LOVED seeing all the letters in each bite.

No comments: