Thursday, May 6, 2010

Spring in Our Neighborhood

We loved spring this year, and since the 94℉ temps today tell me that it is now over, I thought I would take a look at the beautiful spring we had in our neighborhood. Eric and I tried to take a lot of nature pics...

Our neighborhood mockingbird....well, one of them. :)

Eric's favorite Texas native bird...the Scissortail Flycatcher.
The babies born in our front yard about 3 weeks ago...
Peekaboo!!
One afternoon I saw one of the babies up in the tree waiting while his daddy brought him food....this was his first afternoon out of the nest!
I love how fluffy juvenile birds are...so cute!
And last but not least, our neighbors gorgeous rose bush! If the girls didn't grab at the thorns so much, I might be tempted to plant one at our house. Maybe in a couple of years. :)

No comments: