Friday, March 18, 2011

Avocado Salsa

Eric and I have been counting calories since January. I have lost over 14 pounds since then and we love doing it. It is really fun and easy, because we use www.myfitnesspal.com. It also reminds me to drink more water, eat healthier, and take my vitamins. :)

I used to HATE counting calories before, b/c it was really difficult to know how many calories were in a cup of baby carrots, etc.

Since we started doing this, we have been eating healthier snacks too. This has been a favorite lately and I thought I would share. Of course, avocados may not be low-calorie, but they make up for it by being healthy, filling, and delicious.

Sarah's Avocado Salsa

1 large ripe avocado
1 medium vine-ripened tomato
1 lime
1 tbsp dried cilantro leaves
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
a sprinkle of garlic salt

*Cut the avocado and tomato into small chunks, but don't mash the avocado. Add the seasonings and mix well. Then squeeze the lime into the mixture and gently stir again. Eat alone or on some chips. We like Central Market Organics, Blue Corn Chips.

Enjoy!


1 comment:

Laura said...

sounds yummy!