Friday, September 19, 2008

Update from Yesterday

I spoke to the doctor's nurse and she verified that she had ordered the shots. She said that they have to order them ahead of time and then alert the patients so that they can get everything set up with the insurance company and there are no surprises.

She really recommends these shots for any baby born before 36 weeks, because they RSV is just so easy to catch and can really be bad for preemies. So, I asked my questions and read up on the shots and Eric and I agree that this is a good thing to do.

I told the nurse that I often forget to treat them like preemies since they are sooooo healthy and are getting bigger and bigger everyday. She laughed and said that this was a great thing, but just remember to be a little extra careful with them until at least March. She said to ask anyone who holds them to wash their hands first and if someone if sick or thinks they might be getting sick to not come over at all. So, for those of you who might be seeing the girls soon, please don't be offended if we ask you to wash your hands. :) It's not personal.

Thanks to all of you who read this blog. I love sharing our lives with you and look forward to sitting down and typing things when I can. I will soon be posting 2 pictures of the girls by themselves and seeing how good you all are at telling which baby is which! Eric is still not that good at it...it's funny! I am always right, OF COURSE!! :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for the update. I'll be praying for the shots to be effective. You're smart to have folks wash their hands & such. March isn't too far away in the grand scheme of things:)