Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Ramblings and Pictures

Although I can tell the difference, I sometimes think they are looking more alike now than when they were born....

Last night I laid Lexi down in her crib for bed while I nursed Lilly. She started the fussing thing that she has been doing lately and began squirming around...all of the sudden she flipped over and propped her arms up underneath her and sat up like it was tummy time! It surprised her too! She stopped whining and looked around like, "What just happened?!" They are growing up so fast. First they roll over and then before you know it, they will be running around the backyard, chasing the dogs.

On another topic, I am baffled by something. I know the girls' cues for the most part. I can usually tell when they are tired, hungry, etc. So why is it that sometimes no matter what I do to try and eliminate those things that are bugging them (i.e. rocking and holding them when they are sleepy, or nursing them when they are hungry) do they continue to fuss and cry? Tonight, Lilly was sooooo tired and all she wanted to do was eat and go to sleep. But all she would do was scream for 30 minutes, until she finally gave up and ate. Then she passed right out with a big goofy grin on her face. Silly girls!!! It always makes me worry that I don't really know anything about my own kids, when I so do. Eric keeps reminding me that they are babies and that sometimes they just don't make sense, even to themselves. :)

Other than that today was a fairly calm and normal day. We took the girls on a walk after dinner. They absolutely LOVE the cooler air. They just smile and look peaceful. Eric is still feeling crummy and in perfect boy fashion, says he is fine and refuses to take anything. I quit offering to get him stuff and just started handing him Vitamin C and juice and telling him to take it. For the moment, he is at least taking the Vitamin C.

Here are some pictures from the past few days.

Lexi likes her elephant. She tries hard to pull the cord so it will vibrate, but isn't quite there yet.

I just loved this angle of them...

They have both discovered their toes...this is Lilly swinging them up and staring them down.

Laying outside under the tree.

Cuddling with their Pooh Bears..They love them, Tara!

Holding hands is still a daily scene around here. They really love each other.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I totally understand what you are saying about them crying or fussing. Oscar is always like-Laura she is a baby that is what she does sometimes. They look just alike to me. I love how they hold hands...that is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.