Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Week Thus Far...

Today is Christmas Eve and it's the girls first Christmas!! What a special time! Eric and I have just been drinking in the special and sweet moments with our little ones today. We opened presents with them tonight since we are going to Dallas to visit my family tomorrow. I can't wait to see you guys!

After the girls had their lunch this afternoon, Eric and I made some Christmas cookies while the girls sat in their highchairs and looked on, learning all about butter and stirring! :) Then we went on a walk around the neighborhood, opened presents, sang Christmas carols, learned about the true meaning of Christmas, and snuggled A LOT!! It wasn't too cold out today, but it was brisk and cool. The girls had been up for a few hours by the time we walked around the block, so they crashed!!

Here is Lexi sound asleep...
Here is Lilly...
Lexi is checking out her new toy...it is a cookie jar shape sorter that also teaches numbers.
On Monday, Eric and I had to do a little Christmas shopping...for us! We were both having a few computer problems and needed some slightly expensive help. It was FREEZING out so we bundled up the girls and headed out.

I think they thoroughly enjoyed wearing their bear bunting outfits. They smiled and laughed at each other just like they did the first time they wore their flower hats. Here are some pictures.
Lexi knew she was cute...

Eric took this one without the flash and I blurred it a little more. I think it just makes Lilly look like such an angel (which she is). The next one is Lexi sound asleep after an hour of shopping!

We also got them some new onesies at WalMart the other day. I love putting them in long sleeved onesies. They are comfortable and really cute. I thought these were extra adorable and only $3 each....so you don't stress out when spit up goes all down them! :) First is Lilly swinging and then Lexi showing off "Mom and Dad's best present ever!"


I wanted to finish this blog with a picture of the other 2 sweeties at our house. I hate leaving them home alone, but they are much more comfortable then if they went with us to Dallas. We have stockings for them and every year, they get little presents too! The other night, they were so cold from going potty, that I snuggled them into their covers. Here they are getting warm!

No comments: