Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Super Fun Saturday

Well the Sanford family had a great day yesterday and we wanted to tell everyone about it. Lexi was in the mood to hang out with her daddy for a while on the couch. Both girls enjoy sitting up. They can sit for about 3-6 seconds by themselves on the floor but they keep getting stronger everyday. If you set them on the couch where they can lean on a cushion or your arm, they can sit up for a good long time. I had been playing with Lexi and needed to run get something, so I set her next to her daddy who was playing his Xbox. Here they are....


I used to sew quite a bit and loved it. I miss doing it but just have not had the time since grad school. I need and want to get back into it. Well when I worked for Hancock Fabrics back in 2000, I got lots of cheap scraps. I have kept a long, skinny piece of fleece in my "hope chest" ever since then. I never knew what to do with it, but it just looked like a great baby item. It's white with rubber duckies and blue bubbles on it. So last night, I made little tiny baby scarves out of it. This, of course, isn't really sewing, but it was fun. With fleece, you don't have to hem it, which I love.
Here are the gorgeous little girls modeling their new scarves....I realize that they do not match anything they own, but who cares! They are just for fun!!

Then around 6:30 last night, we were playing with the girls and trying to keep them awake until bedtime. The girls new favorite thing is The Wiggles. They will shake around and try to dance to their songs. Eric and I played the song, "Shake your Sillies Out" which is the current favorite, and helped them dance. Then a few minutes later, Lilly, while sitting in her jumperoo, started jumping around like crazy. This went on for at least 45 minutes before we put her to bed. She just kept going and going. Even when Eric was giving her a bottle before bed, she kept wiggling her legs and bouncing around. It was too funny!! This is a short clip of her jumping around. I have some longer ones, but this gives you an idea of what she did that whole time.

The video is a little jumpy but I was sitting still...it is all Lilly!! Some of the lines to the song are, "Jump, jump, jump your jiggles out", "Shake, shake, shake your sillies out", "Nod, nod, nod your naughties out", "Clap, clap, clap your crazies out", and "Wiggle all your wobbles away!". It's just a fun kid song!!

We also got some great video footage of Lexi hanging out under the Christmas tree and then suddenly ripping open a present. I don't think she originally meant to do this but once she got started, it was too fun to stop. We will try to post that one on YouTube soon.

No comments: