Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The week so far...

Our Christmas tree this year...
My first fireplace mantle...
My table all set for Christmas...I don't have enough cabinet space for my Christmas dishes so we just set the table all fancy and it is staying that way for a while! :)

I don't know about the rest of you, but I cannot believe Christmas is just 9 days away!! Around my house, we are not getting everything done. I have decided to let certain things go. I may not have all the lights up and may not have made a single Christmas cookie yet, but we are healthy, happy, and the girls are still having a lot of fun everyday. The fireplace is super decorated and the tree is beautiful and that is enough for my first year as a new mother, let alone a new mother of twins!

Eric came through the semester with a 4.0...my smart, brilliant man!! I am so proud! I would not have had the motivation that he had at this point in our lives. Last night, he went out and got us a nice dinner. That may sound like a small thing to some, but to me, who was having a bad and stressful day, it meant the world. He happily came home and even got it all together so I could keep doing the things I needed to do. The stress just melted away because I knew that he cared and that he wanted to be helpful!! Thank you, Eric! I love you!!

Here are some pictures of him playing with Lilly...
Today, I went to one of my favorite consignment stores in town to see if they had a baby walker that Eric and I want to get for the girls. I know my other favorite store has it, but they are not open until tomorrow. So I ran by to check and ended up coming home with these...I couldn't help it. They are so adorable and I have been looking at little hats with flowers since I first found out I was having girls. I have never had anything that large on their heads, so it looked funny at first to me. It only took a few minutes and I was in love with them...the girls liked them a lot. After about 10 minutes, Lexi realized that there was a large flower on her head and tried to pull it off!!

Lexi looks so grown up in this picture...
Also, since it was so cold today, I put the girls in their awesome handmade booties. My friend Jennifer Rogers made these as a baby gift. They are perfectly made and the girls like them so much. They kept pulling them off to get a closer look. This was the only picture I could get with all 4 booties on...

1 comment:

Laura said...

The Christmas decorations look great! I LOVE those hats, they are sooo cute!