Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bad days...

Well my girls have had a rough couple of days. Yesterday I drove with the girls to Austin to visit and spend some time with my cousins. I was so looking forward to hanging out and helping Tyff get some things done. The babies were just not themselves. Lexi was fussy all day and Lilly was antsy in the evening. Right before we left, Lexi got sick and then finally calmed down and went to sleep. I wish I could read their little minds and make things better. Today, Lexi's cough was back and worse...so now I feel guilty for taking them. Since we arrived home late last night, Eric and I let them sleep as much as they needed to today.
It has been one of those times where I keep wondering if I am doing the right things...funny how you always second guess yourself as a parent. The girls are growing and changing and we are just trying to figure out the right ways to adjust their schedules and still allow them flexibility where needed.
So to make myself feel better tonight and to reassure myself that the girls are doing just fine, I posted a couple of pictures from the other day. I remember a line from a movie that says something to the effect of, "You never see the bad days in a photo album!"
Eric was tickling the girls by blowing raspberries on their little tummies. They were in hysterics!!

Miss Lilly looking up at her daddy during playtime!

Lexi discovered her toy basket...

No comments: