Saturday, January 17, 2009

Playtime Wears Us Out...

Lilly wants to tell everyone a story...

"Mommy had a pen in her hand and had to pick me up. So she held the pen far away so that I couldn't get it and she went to put the pen down. Well I just couldn't have that...I really wanted to see that pen up close. So, I did the only thing my 7 month old brain knew to do. I leaned down close and pulled mommy's hand up so I could see this pen a bit closer. It didn't really work the way I wanted it to though...as you can see, this "pen-thingie" drew on my face. I thought it was really funny, but mommy screamed and said no! But then she laughed and after taking a picture of me to show Daddy, she wiped my lip clean with a baby wipe...I love my mommy!" :)

Yesterday we had a lot of fun again with our toys. Here they are rolling around the floor with them. This is Lexi!
They like the lid to their shape sorter...here Lilly is showing it to me, and then she was playing with it in the next picture!



Then, the girls had been fighting sleep for hours yesterday afternoon. I went into the kitchen for a few minutes to get dinner started and make some bottles. This was what I saw when I walked back into the living room. They had been fussing and Eric wanted to comfort them...he does have the magic touch, doesn't he? :)

Today we are taking the girls to meet a new friend. I have been emailing a lady that responded to an ad I posted on craigslist for a nursing pillow. She was very kind and just wanted to email me and encourage me not to give up nursing them. I wrote back that I was not giving up but just did not like this pillow. Then she told me that she had tons of matching outfits from her twin daughters that are two, and she would rather sell them to someone with twins. The girls are running out of clothes in their "new" size, so we need clothes anyway. Thus, Eric and I are going to go look at and purchase the clothes today...I am SOOOOOO excited to get lots of matching outfits! She sent me some pictures and they are adorable!
Most of you know that I shop consignment stores for baby clothes. I get super nice, name brand stuff for way cheaper than I could afford. However, it is almost impossible to get matching outfits in the consignment stores. So this just makes my day! Plus, it is going to be really nice to know another mother in town with young twin girls!

No comments: