Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yesterday and Today

Eric and I took the girls to see Dr. Riser yesterday. Lilly's cough was worse and Lexi was clearing her throat a lot. I know that I was being one of those "first time moms", but with the girls being early, I wanted a little extra assurance that their lungs were okay and that they were not heading into dangerous territory.

Dr. Riser said that their lungs sounded great with no problems and that their ears looked great. They just have a cold and the throat clearing is most likely her reaction to the drainage. They were so out of it yesterday and I felt bad for them. Today, they were more alert and more like their normal selves...of course, I was a mess today! I caught their cold and was miserable. I couldn't breathe and have now rubbed my nose red and raw. So, I called a pharmacist and asked what I could take while breastfeeding. She said I could take some benadryl, so I did...YIKES!

I have only taken Benadryl one other time in my life and fell asleep in church because of it. :) But that was almost 15 years ago and since this was Children's Bendryl, I figured it wouldn't affect me as much. Ha! I was a walking zombie all day. I was fuzzy headed and shakey and couldn't keep my eyes open for the longest time. I slept while nursing the girls and then Eric let me go nap for a while too. It took from about 9 am until 4:30 pm to clear my head. I think I will just suffer it out from now on.

This is Lilly feeling better today...she was giggling and smiling away when I snapped this one.

Lilly Bug practicing her crawling pose....she kicks her legs really fast and tries to scoot forward!
This one turned out cute. They both grabbed my hand and held it tight. I could cuddle with them all day and night.

I think they look so much alike in this one.

And we tried green beans for the first time today...Next to the peas, I think they like these the best!! The first picture is Lexi and the second is Lilly!

I wish this video had sound. Lexi was chewing on her burp cloth and making funny noises. She acted like she wanted to eat it and then fell right to sleep!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad they're feeling better. I loved the pic of them holding your hand. So sweet!