Thursday, March 26, 2009

Good Morning

I don't know if anyone noticed or not, but yesterday's blog with the video was a "test" of sorts for me. Since I cannot make such cool videos from my computer as Eric can on his Mac, I usually just post them to YouTube from his computer and then post the link on my blog. Well...

I spent some time yesterday during a morning nap and figured out how to "Embed" a YouTube video into my blog, and that is what yesterday's blog was about...I am so excited. It is not hard to do either...I just never knew that was an option, but one of the blogs I follow on a daily basis had an embedded YouTube video in it and once I saw it, I just had to figure out how to do it. If I had known I could do that!!!

From now on, you will not have to follow a link to see my girls doing something fun or cute! Woohoo!

I don't have that much news, except for our car seat dilemma. The car seats are great, don't get me wrong. But yesterday I went up to my local firestation to have the lady there inspect the installation. I did that with my infant seats and knowing that a certified inspector checked them out, made me feel tons better. So she helped me get them nice and tight. Unfortunately, our backseat was not the correct angle to get the seat level. We had to put a "pool noodle" under the seat to make it level.

Here is the dilemma...we have 2 seats!! This means that the safest spot for them is one on each side directly behind the front seats. Well, Eric is 6'2" and I am 5'10". We have to have our seats scooted up in order to properly install the rear-facing seats, that Eric was too uncomfortable to drive more than 20 minutes last night. That was the issue in my Honda Civic...another reason we got a larger SUV.

So I may either be driving the SUV all the time until the girls are 35 lbs, or we will have to keep messing with our front seats until we can find a compromise. I feel bad for Eric though. He looked so squished last night. Pray we can find a solution and that we can all be comfy. Thanks!!

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of the girls in their first car ride in big girl seats!!

2 comments:

Kelle said...

I don't know what you have read, but the important part about when to move them from the infant seat to the bigger car seat is the weight, not so much the length. The length only really becomes an issue when they have to uncomfortably bend their legs. If I were you, I would take advantage of the infant seat as long as possible. I don't know how it is with twins, but it is so much harder for me to get all mine (all 3 still in car seats) in and out all day long. My son is WAY over the 20lb limit for his infant seat and I HAD to move him, but I didn't want to at all. Plus, they only have to be reversed until they are 20 lbs AND 1 year old. So my son is still reversed b/c he isn't 1 year old. So my guess is your girls won't be 20lbs until they are 1 year and then you could move them to the new car seats and turn them around at the same time which is what I did for my girls. I am a total car seat nazi! I won't even let my husband install them without an inspection from me! I don't feel personally that the big car seats are as stable in the reverse as the infant seat. Mainly b/c they can be tipped up since they are not strapped down at the front of the seat. Don't know if you know what I mean, but you get the picture.

Kelle said...

Sarah, I was putting all the kids in their carseats today and started thinking about your post again. About the 35lb thing, my oldest, Hannah, is 4 and a half and is still in a carseat because she is not 40lbs yet (the booster seat weight). She is 35 lbs. I can not imagine the rule being 35lbs until you can turn them around. Her legs would be scrunched up and everything. Where did you see this written or hear it? I am curious since the booster seat wt is just 5 lbs more than that.