Saturday, May 9, 2009

1 more month to go...

My little girls are 11 months old today!! That absolutely blows our minds! Weren't they just born??? :) They are now standing ALL THE TIME, letting go of furniture and standing without help for up to 3 seconds and Lexi now has 2 teeth! I don't think Lilly envies her the pain. They talk like crazy with us and are shy at first with new people. The other day, Lilly said, "fish", "tweet, tweet", "cheese!" and "Sneezy" (our dog's name). Lexi says, "doggie", "hi" and lots of other things we are still trying to decipher. Eric thinks she speaks German since she always babbles "pitta pitta". I have no clue how to spell that in German, but she is apparently saying "Please"! There is nothing like having your child look up you and say, "Momma!" with tears in her eyes and arms reaching high...I love being a mom!!

This morning was eventful and, oh so much, fun! After getting up and eating breakfast, we loaded the girls into the car and went in search of bluebonnets. Eric and I both knew that it was really late in the season, but when the bluebonnets were out, we were pre-occupied with other things or had a sick baby....so we never made it out to take pics this year.
As we realized that they were pretty much gone, we saw a gorgeous patch of other Texas wildflowers in the state park by our house, so we pulled over and took some pictures. I love the girls' fascination with flowers and all things colorful. Here are some pictures from our wildflower stop. (Lexi is on the left)
Next, we stopped at the city park close to home to see if we could get a few more cute pictures by the water. The girls do NOT sit still for pictures anymore! :) I have the prime examples of that at the bottom of this blog. BUT...here is one of the few that I got of them together at the park (Lilly on the left), and then they are off....
Like I said...Lilly makes her escape!
Lexi was smitten with a leaf and decided to stay put and check it out...
Lilly kept crawling until Eric caught her :)
Next we went home to play for a while before our morning nap...Lexi is showing off her 2 teeth for me!And then it's naptime!!

I tried to get a few more good ones to use on their birthday invitations...This one is Lilly and then Lexi.

Now for the funny part of the blog...I wanted you all to know what it is really like trying to take pictures of my squirmy-wormies!! I take LOTS of pictures like these below...So it is truly a miracle when I get several of them sitting together smiling! :)

We are so proud of our girls and the chance to be their parents!! The party is completely planned. I have been planning it for months now and have everything almost finished. I can't believe it has been 11 months already!! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE the last two pictures! They just made me laugh :) Happy 11 month birthday babies!!

Kelle said...

It's bitte in German! :) Cute girlies!