Monday, August 24, 2009

Go Crusaders!!

My darling Eric is now officially a "Crusader For Life!!" He participated in Welcome Week this past week, while taking a 3 day break to be sick. He was in the group with other transfer students and was by far the oldest one..he he he! It's okay, honey, I love you...and if it makes you feel better, I am 11 hours older than you! :)

Last night was the UMHB tradition called, "The Dubbing Ceremony". Our mascot is the Crusader Knight, so the president of the school, "dubs" all the incoming students as "Crusaders For Life". I was involved in this same ceremony back in 1998, and it was sooooo cool to see Eric go through the same ceremony!

We are now both Crusaders For Life!! Yea!! Here are some pictures I took...it's kind of hard to take pictures at dusk and in the dark, but I gave it a shot.

Eric sitting with his group....
The group of new students sitting in front of the Luther Memorial...
Eric and his group lighting their candles...
New UMHB students waiting to become "Crusaders For Life!!" It was so fun to watch all their happy faces as most of them began their freshmen year of college. I remember that feeling! :)
My sweet husband getting dubbed...I was proud to get this picture. I practiced on several people before him and all the pictures were incredibly blurry and bad. I was psyched to get this one of Eric, when it really mattered!
On a side note, it was soooooo funny to me to watch these sweet kids....and THEN to hug my husband and go back home to pay the babysitter! He he he...wow, life is different now, and it seems like it was just yesterday that I was getting dubbed. :) Gotta love it!

No comments: