Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A Girl and Her Dog

I absolutely love the fact that the girls are being raised with dogs. Now, this doesn't take away from the fact that owning pets can be a royal pain in the butt sometimes, but they are worth it! :)

The girls have been aware of their doggies since they were in the womb...in fact, Toby started sitting on top of my tummy and snuggling with it before I knew I was pregnant. Lately, Lexi has been really interested in Toby's bed. We usually don't let them mess with it, since we want Toby to have his own spot, but the other day, Lexi ran off to my room when the baby gate was down and sat right in Toby's little bed. No worries, it had also just been washed the previous evening. She was so proud of herself and gave me the biggest, cheesiest smile she could muster.
See??
Then yesterday morning, Lilly laid down next to Sneezy on a blanket that we had all been sitting on to watch a few minutes of Elmo. They ended up snuggling for about 10 minutes. I can't get enough of them together..what a cute pair!!

Somebody is ticklish too...
I am very thankful that the girls love their dogs and that the dogs seem to love the girls too!! If Eric or I tell the girls to be "gentle", then they pat them very softly. It is really sweet to see them take care of their buddies!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You may want to double-check that photo of Lexi on Toby's bed. I'm thinkin' that's a snarl, not a smile!