Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Lasagna Rolls

I love lasagna...well any kind of pasta for that matter! Eric also LOVES lasagna. If there is some in the fridge, he will eat it for every single meal until it is gone. Seriously! He has done this since he was a kid too. I love that about him. :)

I also HATE to make lasagna. For some reason, it is too labor intensive and gets on my nerves. All the layering and stuff, combined with the noodles never working with me...it's just not my favorite thing to make.

Until now....

I had to use up some ground beef the other day and was in the mood for pasta, so I concocted my own little recipe that turned out to be really easy and tasty. We called it Lasagna Rolls and Eric has given me his blessing to cook it again. :)

All I did was break lasagna noodles in half, boil them, and set them aside to cool. Then I spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9X13 pan.

I cooked a pound of ground beef with minced onions, italian seasoning, and some garlic powder. Then I poured pasta sauce into the meat (after the meat was fully cooked). I added a small tub of cottage cheese, and almost 1 cup of parmesan cheese to the meat mixture and stirred it up.

Then I took one lasagna noodle (the half piece) and put a HUGE tablespoon full of the meat mixture in the noodle, rolled it up, and set it into the pan. I continued this until the pan was full. This only took about 20 minutes even with 3 kids running under my feet. :)

I poured the rest of the pasta sauce over the top of the noodles, added some mozzarella cheese over the whole thing and popped it into the oven for 30 minutes at 350℉.

It truly tasted like my regular lasagna recipe. I also made a new recipe for stuffed breadsticks that I will have to post later. Goodnight!!

2 comments:

Chuck & Chels said...

Awesome idea, Sarah! Sounds so yummy! Also, liked the pepperoni breadstick idea you mentioned on FB! And the girls brushing their teeth is totally adorable and NOT boring :)

Melissa said...

Yum!! I always buy the no boil lasagna noodles.