Monday, January 4, 2010

The Zoo!! Yes Again....

I know, the girls have been to the zoo a lot in their, soon to be, 19 months! What can I say! I love God's creation, nature, animals, etc... It's the biologist in me and I hope I can instill the same love in my children. Come to think of it, my mother loved nature, birds in particular. Maybe I got it from her!! :) That makes me really happy!

This zoo trip was especially fun because we met up with a long-time friend of mine who lives in Waco with her family. I haven't seen her since my wedding and it was so nice to catch up a little bit. Her kids are super sweet, good kids too. So it was a fun day! Lilly had a few short-lived meltdowns from being tired and from her pesky molar, but overall, she was fine.

Here they are waiting for our friends. Lilly is in the pink and Lexi is in the brown...
My favorite picture of the day...isn't he amazing!?!!

Also, apparently this was the day of the HUGE University of Kentucky vs. University of Louisville basketball game. I'm sorry, but I just had no idea that it was that big of a deal. I do like UK, but didn't know this particular game was so big. He agreed to go to the zoo and then couldn't believe I was going to make him miss the game. Thankfully, being the good daddy that he is, he checked the scores all day on his iPhone and still had a great day with us. And of course, UK won!! Yea!

See Lilly's face? The first meltdown was *we think* because she wanted to pet the bald eagles.
I was holding Lilly at this point and this seagull adored her. I am so glad I got a shot of him looking up at her.
Me (making a face) and Lilly bug...
"Mommy, where is the alligator?"
Is the beaver real? Lilly finally gave him a hug, just in case.
There is the alligator. Gotta love the teeth. The green spots were algae on the glass.
An action shot of Lexi...I liked it!
The girls bumped into another set of identical twin girls while playing at the tee-pees. The other girls were about 4 and were so sweet to my girls. They held their hands and showed them the inside of the tee-pee. It was really sweet to watch. I thought their mom and I were gonna cry at how sweet the 4 were together.
Here is Lexi and Karis playing around by the otters. They are exactly 1 year and 1 week apart. :)
A sunning stork...It was a beautiful brisk 50 degree day. I'm telling you, the best time to go to the zoo is when it is cool or slightly cold out. The animals are usually out playing and pretty active. It is really neat to see what they will do.
Lexi watching the rhinos.
We had a sleepy girl after a while...
Justin is such a great kid! We adored both kiddos. Justin is really good with his sister and even played with the twins a few times. He is super smart too!
The orangutans were a new exhibit. This guy was trying to be sly and hide from all the people under this sack.
Time to go home. We stopped at Fazoli's and got the girls their fill of lasagna and breadsticks. Those were some happy, messy cheeks!

No comments: