Monday, June 28, 2010

Food Network Recommended...

I figured I would split up our Galveston trip into several posts. Since this blog is mostly supposed to be a scrapbook of our lives, I hate to miss any details of such a fun trip. However, I am going to work backwards. Ha!

In Harker Heights, we have the most basic form of cable, which means we have about 6 channels worth watching. In Beaumont this summer, we have lots of channels, including Food Network. I missed Food Network SO much!!! I wished I could watch it while I was on bed rest.

A couple of weeks ago, I was watching one of my favorites, "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives". I saw Guy go to a restaurant in Kemah, Texas. He said it wasn't far outside of Houston. I told Eric it would be so cool to go there one day, but I didn't even know where Kemah was located.

So after leaving Galveston, we took a different route home. We were keeping an eye out for a good spot to have dinner...can you see where I'm going with this? :)

Eric was doing all the navigating and driving, so I had no idea we were heading and was surprised to look up and see, "Kemah, TX, City Limits". I got all excited and we started talking about the restaurant there. We couldn't remember anything more than the name had a man's name in it and they served good looking steaks and BBQ. All of a sudden, on the side of the state highway, there it was...T-Bone Tom's!

I yelled, "Oh my gosh!!! There it is!! That's it!" Eric just pulled right into the parking lot and we went in. I was a tiny bit star struck...which is silly, since realistically, we were just in a regular Texas diner. There were a few pictures of Guy and his visit on the wall next to our table. Lilly was hilarious and entertaining. Lexi was tired and getting grumpy, but overall, they were both just loads of fun. I think I ordered better than Eric though. The BBQ was amazing! He got steak and shrimp and liked it, but not as much as he liked my plate of food.

Daddy got grumpy, tired baby! Can you blame her after a fun day playing in the ocean!?! I was tired too.

Mommy and the silly goofy baby of the night!
So if you are ever in Kemah, Texas, which is north of Galveston, close to Baytown, go try this place.
And if you manage to get a better picture of this wall of fame, let me know! :)
The perfect end to the perfect day!

1 comment:

Laura said...

We don't have cable, but if I could pick just one channel to have it would be the food network! I love it and miss it!