Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Nursery and My Noah Belly

Okay, here is what we did with Noah's nursery. We got it completely done with about 3 weeks to spare. I like the way it turned out and now that he is here, he LOVES the stars. Almost every time I change him on his changing pad, he smiles and stares at them from across the room. I think he approves. We bought his bedding at Target and decorated to match the blankets and sheets.

The wall color is Mid-Day Mocha and I love it. It does remind me of a hot, gorgeous cup of coffee. The view from the door...
The closet, play corner, and some of the stars on the wall...
The crib and stars...I bought these little wooden stars at Hobby Lobby and hand-painted them to match the bedding. The girls helped me paint a lot of them.
The wall across from the crib...I have it changed up a little now, but it's mostly the same.

Now, I did not take pictures of my belly every single week. Especially during the packing and moving period of the fall. That's okay though. I am pretty sure I got enough to show him one day how big I was with him in there. :)

I also left out some of the bare tummy pictures. I am just not sure those are blog appropriate. I was huge at the end. At 36 weeks, I measured 42 weeks. :) At this point, I got an extra ultrasound because we wanted to estimate his size. This was one of the factors that led to the c-section. Once a baby is over 8.5 pounds, a VBAC becomes more and more risky. At 36 weeks, by his body measurements, he was estimated to weigh 7.5 pounds, which was about 1-1.5 pounds more than the average baby at that gestation. His head measured 41 weeks in diameter and was above the 97th percentile. :) We knew he would be around 9 pounds if we let him go full term, and thus, decided for a 39 week c-section.

On that last ultrasound, we also saw the cause of my TERRIBLE heartburn...he had tons of hair. You could literally see the fuzzy stuff on the sonogram. :)

So without further ado, the growth of the Noah belly...

7 weeks
10 weeks
11 weeks

16 weeks
19 weeks
23 weeks
30 weeks
33 weeks

36 weeks
36.5 weeks
Lexi snuggling her baby brother, 37 weeks
38 weeks

He was born at 39 weeks exactly...January 10th!!

No comments: