Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Two Weeks To Go...

As December came to a close, we already knew we were having a c-section with Noah. It was officially in the computers at Scott & White...yikes! I was super nervous about it too, but had a peace that we had made the right decision for his birth. Now all I had to do was calm my nerves, not think about it, and just enjoy my last two weeks with my precious girls.

I did lots of cleaning and organizing, went grocery shopping to stock up on as much stuff as I could, and had fun with the girls. I took the girls to the gym to play, Chick-Fil-A for lunch and playground time, took walks, went to the park, read books and played board games, and had some fun snack times at Starbucks. The girls absolutely LOVE to sit down at Starbucks and drink an organic vanilla milk while I sip on something else. We also had a movie day and got pedicures. Now that was quite a feat trying to paint my toenails while 38 weeks pregnant. At least my toes looked good for the surgery. :)

One day, while we were drawing on the Magnadoodle, Lexi tried her hand at a letter A. I thought she did GREAT for her first try but she is too much the perfectionist and was frustrated since it wasn't perfect. Sweet girl!
My Dad and stepmom sent these awesome Cinderella shoes for the girls that light up when you walk. The girls still wear them every single day at some point...
I was thankful for the mild winter too. We spent a lot of time in the sunshine. :)
Such sweet sisters!
I managed to finish this painting that I had been working on slowly for weeks. I wanted to have it done before Noah came and thankfully got it done.

One of my other worries, besides the surgery, was leaving the girls for the hospital. I had some of the best ladies I know lined up to help me care for them, but I hated to leave them. I have never spent a night away from them before and teared up just thinking about it. Eric planned to come home every night at dinner time and sleep here with them, but I knew I would miss them.

So a few days before I went in, I bought the girls these headbands...

Headbands are their favorite hair accessory right now, and they had begged for these at Christmas. I got them as a "when you look at these and put them in your hair, remember that Mommy misses you and will be home soon" present. If you ask them today what those headbands stand for, they will tell you that they mean their mommy loves them and misses them. :) They even wore them in their hair when they came to meet Noah for the first time.

No comments: