Tuesday, July 29, 2008

YEA!!! :)

I am soooooooo excited!! Today I got up early and, with the girls in tow, went to the hospital to pay our labor and delivery bills. This is of course, not the reason I am excited...but its part of the story.

So, as long as I was in the building, I HAD to go upstairs and visit the wonderful nurses who took such great care of the girls while they were in the NICU. I was thrilled to turn the corner and see my 3 favorite nurses sitting there...Sherie, Michelle, and Margaret. The rest of them were great but these women were exceptional. Sherie was the one who played Casting Crowns for the girls while they were in the NICU. I just loved her!! :)

They couldn't get over how much bigger the girls had gotten and they asked me how much they now weighed. I told them I had no idea. All I knew was their weight from their 2 week checkup and that was 5 weeks ago! So they weighed them for me!! Thus the reason for my excitement!
Miss Alexis weighed 7 pounds, 15 ounces (birth weight of 5 lbs, 8 oz) and Miss Lilly weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces (birth weight of 5 lbs, 2 oz)! They are doing soooooooo well!

We are so blessed! Out of all the things that could have gone wrong with them being born 6 weeks early, they have been so perfect! Lilly only needed oxygen for 1 hour and they came home 5 days later...AWESOME! As scary as it was, God had them in his hands the whole time and took care of them!

I had the girls all by myself today while Eric went to do some work, and Lexi had just finished her bottle and was fussy. One thing that they do is scream and cry for a minute or so, and then in about 5 seconds, collapse in your arms sound asleep. It's pretty funny! Lexi did this today and I happened to take her picture while doing it. Maybe that's why she was fussy to begin with...like mother like daughter! :)

1 comment:

Nana Epps said...

They are absolutely awesome. I look forward to new postings each day. I thrilled they are doing so well. God certainly does have His hands upon them. You're doing a great job with them.
Nana