Saturday, August 2, 2008

Background Info


Today has been such a great day. My dad and Debbie stopped by to visit us (well, at least the girls:)) and Eric and I have been able to relax a little bit more. So, in a quiet moment, I was perusing through our wedding and honeymoon pictures and decided to post our story and some pictures for all of you who may be interested. If you have seen these, too bad! :) Just skip this post. :)


Eric and I have had a whirlwind (SERIOUSLY!) relationship. Neither one of us regret a thing, but it was all very fast and fun! We met last March and hit it off immediately. By our third date, we both knew that we had found something special and forever! It was pretty scary for me to realize that after 27 years, I had finally found the love of my life. So, we started dating seriously and knew that we would get married by the end of the year. We were both older and settled in who we were, so there was no reason to put off the inevitable. We decided to get married sometime before Christmas so that Eric's nieces could be in the wedding before moving to New Mexico.

Well, we got engaged on June 2nd in a very unplanned, spontaneous way! I think Eric was just as surprised to propose as I was to hear it and say yes that day! We planned the wedding for September 8th! Only 6 months after meeting. :) We wanted a very small and intimate family wedding and that is what we got...it was perfect! I don't think I would have changed a thing about it. Then we were off to Puerto Vallarta for the best and most perfect honeymoon ever!



That was September...we found out we were pregnant after 7 weeks, and now we have a house, twin daughters, two dogs, and it is all so wonderful and crazy!


I really would not change A THING!! But WOWWWWW!!! What a crazy fast and exciting year! Then to top it all off, my dad likes to remind us and laugh that our daughters (born 6 weeks early) were born exactly 9 months and 1 day after our wedding. Ah, the insanity! We are so blessed.

So, thanks for reading this blog. I look forward to including you all in our lives as time goes by! God bless!

No comments: