Thursday, February 12, 2009

Quick Taylor Update

I have not been good about updating everyone on Taylor lately. There has been so much going on and new changes every day. Now that things that finally calmed down, here is the update...

She has been in the ICU until today and now she is home!! We are so thankful! Here is what I know for sure...I still don't know all the details.

1) The surgery appears to have been successful. She had to have this major surgery because her hip sockets had been worn away over the years. Her leg muscles did not ever relax and that pulled them into a "W" sitting position. Taylor now has new hip sockets, new ligaments, and new thigh muscles.

2) She will be in a cast from the waist down for at least 6 weeks and then moves into some intense physical therapy that might actually allow her to walk one day...for the first time ever!! This is huge!

So she is out of the hospital, which is AWESOME!! But she still needs lots of prayer to get through all of this other stuff. I cannot imagine being 10 years old and being through all of the things that she has been through. Pray for patience for her since she gets frustrated with the situation...who wouldn't!! Also pray that she will heal and recover without more complications. I will try and keep you all updated occasionally.

I was reminded today of a cute story about my nieces...there are a ton of them, by the way!! One time before Eric and I got married, we took the girls to Sonic for dinner. Little Brianna, who was 5 at the time, asked me if she could have a corn dog with a side of "Taylor Tots". I don't think I ever heard her call them tator tots, now that I think about it. It was just so sweet and I know that it made Taylor feel special too!

No comments: