Sunday, March 15, 2009

Babyproofing Troubles

Did anybody else have issues with their babyproofing efforts? The first set of corner protectors I bought for our coffee table were small and discreet...they fell off and took the finish with them. So we bought the thick, less-attractive kind...at least they are cushy and of good quality. The same-type protectors went around our fireplace. The fireplace cushioning has come in handy so far, as my girls LOVE to crawl up to the fireplace and suck on the edges. :)

The plug protectors are standard and still user friendly...gotta love those! Then there are the cabinet locks. These have become the biggest pain in the butt of them all!!! I tried to put them in our kitchen cabinets by myself several times because Eric is pretty busy with studying and stuff. I had no such luck and ended up frustrated and not finishing a single one. I finally got to show Eric today what I been doing. We had his electric drill but the cabinet was too hard and the screws would not go in...we ended up at Home Depot with the girls tonight and bought drill bits to make the holes first. Then we could put the screws in...I had even tried to use a small nail and a hammer to make the holes and nothing worked. The cabinets are finally safe!! Woohoo!! :)

I just think it is a bit ridiculous that it takes 2 people to put cabinet locks in...seems like it should be easier. Maybe I am being too picky! Anyways, now that the cabinets are safely closed from little fingers, maybe we can finally be done with it for a while. I am having to be more proactive with my babyproofing since I have 2 little stinkers who never crawl in the same direction to get into trouble!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Where did you find the cushiony stuff for the fireplace? I need some, too!

Sarah said...

They sell it at ToyRUS here in Killeen. It was $27, I think, but there is plenty for any fireplace. It's awesome! I know you can get it at Babies R Us too. I have never found any at WalMart or Target.