Saturday, April 25, 2009

Some More Firsts...

This has been a great week and one of a few more "Firsts"!

1.) Lilly has been able to stay standing up if you put her up against something for a while now, but until 3 days ago, she just had no desire for that "standing up, nonsense!" We really think she is physically able to do most of the stuff that her sister does, but her personality is more relaxed and chilled out. She just doesn't see the point sometimes.
The other day, she suddenly stood up and decided that she liked it a lot. Now she stands all the time. When I went into her room Saturday afternoon to get her up from her nap, she stood up in her crib for the first time ever. She was really proud of herself and it was so sweet! I took her picture...

The next two pictures are of Lilly standing by the coffee table. She stood there for about 10 minutes patting the table and looking around. I think she likes the new vantage point. :)

2.) Lexi stood without holding onto anything for a few seconds...she was leaning on Eric's leg and let go for around 2 seconds but didn't even notice. :) Also, her first tooth came completely through the gums last Sunday. Yea!!


3.) This one was pretty awesome and scary all at the same time....Eric and I went on our first date since August. His mom was here in August visiting from Kentucky and she let us sneek away one night, but this was the first time that we hired a babysitter and went out. I was fairly sad to leave the girls. I knew they were in great hands...thanks, Kelia!! But I was sad to leave my precious little ones. I have never let someone else come over and play with them and not been there too...I LOVE to play with them and we had been having such a fun day.

But, Eric and I went out and had a great time. I thought about the girls often (and so did Eric!!) but we went to the movies and then to DQ for ice cream. YUM, chocolate!! Things were perfect when we got home and Toby was in true form...barking and waking up the babies. I couldn't get mad at him though, cause I got to go give hugs and kisses!! The girls just smiled and went right back to sleep. Woohoo!! I am glad that they seemed to have a great time with Kelia! :) We will definitely be going out again soon!

And last but not least...

4.) We actually got to go back to church today. If you'll remember, the girls needed RSV shots since they were preemies and we could not afford them and our insurance wouldn't pay for them either. This meant keeping the girls away from lots of little kids, primarily sick ones, until April when RSV season was over.

Now I have worked in church nurseries all my life, and it seems there is always a sick kid in there. Since the girls were too loud for the church service and we needed to avoid the nursery, we haven't been able to go to church in months. Today, they got to go to the nursery for the FIRST time!! They did awesome, as I suspected they would!! Lilly was sleepy and wanted to be held and Lexi played with one of the workers. They both seemed to do great! Here are some pictures that I took after getting home this afternoon.

Lexi in her pretty red dress with Daddy and in her rocking chair....
Lilly trying to decide what to have for lunch...hmmmmm, peas or green beans? :)
This last picture was from Saturday afternoon. The girls stood up on opposite sides of the coffee table and Eric and I thought it looked an awful lot like they were playing air hockey. We thought it was such a cute picture!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

The girls are so pretty! I love the one with Lexi and Eric. I am so glad yall were able to get away on a date night. I'm off this summer...maybe I can come meet the cuties!!