Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day...1 Week Late

I do realize that last Sunday was Father's Day. But since we had 2 sick babies and were in the ER, I figure Eric will forgive me and let me blog about it today. :)

Last year, the girls were born on Monday, the 9th...
We stayed in the hospital until the girls were discharged from the NICU on Saturday, the 14th...
We got home with our precious little bundles around lunch on Saturday, AND...the next day was Eric's FIRST Father's Day!!! Pretty special if you ask me!!

We had not had much sleep that entire week, but we were beyond thrilled to go home with 34 week old twins after only 5 days of observation in the NICU!! My Dad and Debbie even came to visit on Father's Day and Debbie stayed with us to help out...thanks again!! :)

But I was still recovering and our world was a whole new place...there were no gifts or cards and I felt kind of bad for that later. This year was more normal and celebratory, although nothing will ever replace the special 1st Father's Day that Eric had, and he will be the first to tell you that!
The night that a new Daddy brought his girls home...
Eric's 1st Father's Day...He is such a great Daddy, from Day One!!
And a couple more...Eric with 1 month old fussy girls. Nothing phases him!!

A wonderful Daddy snuggling his girls! I forget where I was, but I had gone somewhere and this was what I saw when I came through the garage door!

Then here is MY wonderful Dad on his 1st Father's Day with these two little squirts!!

No comments: