Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, America!!

We hope you all had a great 4th of July! Last year the girls were only 3 weeks old, so we just went for a walk around the block. The girls slept the whole time. So this year we hoped to start some new family traditions.

When I went to UMHB, I LOVED the Belton 4th of July Parade and am so glad to be back here again! It was also so much fun to not only take my husband and daughters, but to go with the girl I roomed with for 3 years and her family!! I am so glad we got to go with Scott, Jessica, and adorable little Annalise! All 3 little girls did so great. The loud bangs and noises scared them here and there and the heat finally got to all of us, but we had a blast. The girls loved the horses, oh so very much!! I may have animal lovers on my hands...YEA!!! I even heard Lexi making her horse noises a couple times as she saw the horses coming our way.

We may try the fireworks next year, but it was just too late at night for these 2 girls. So after the parade and a quick trip to McDonald's for lunch (that's just as American as BBQ, right? He he he), we went home to relax. We gave the girls a cool bath, fed them, and put them down for a nap. Later, we went outside to swing for a while and played some peekaboo on the couch...a fairly normal evening. I couldn't have asked for more and thank God every day for my awesome blessings...and for this amazing country that I live in!!

Happy Birthday, America!!

Lilly in Scott's hat...
Lexi chilling out waiting for the parade to start...
All of us except Jessica...but next year I will not forget my camera and will get one of ALL of us!! We will have to get some with all of us at the zoo this week...
Isn't Annalise's shirt super cute?
Miss Lilly wearing her Daddy's hat...

Back at home relaxing...
The girls now climb onto the couches ALL the time!!! It's a little scary and crazy, cause they are soooooo fast...up and down before we know it! Lexi climbed on the coffee table yesterday and when I made her get down, she got angry, yelled at the table, and then tried to bite it! It was hilarious!!
Lilly saying, "Peekaboo!!"
Out on the swing...Lilly-bug!


Lilly waving at me!Lexi being cute...

More of Miss Lexi...


1 comment:

Amy said...

I cannot believe how big they look!!!!