Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Great Recipe

When it comes to food blogs, my absolute favorite is SnoWhite's "Finding Joy in my Kitchen". Her name is Sarah and we also share a birthday...cool, huh? Anyways, she cooks with lots of whole wheat, fresh veggies and fruit, and dark chocolate...some of my favorite things to use too. I have tried a LOT of her recipes and quite a few of them are big hits with the veggie-hating hubby.

Eric and I have discovered that we really like roasted veggies, especially asparagus. I never really tried asparagus before and have bought it 3 times in the past month. Last week, I put asparagus and mushrooms in a baking dish. Then poured a little olive oil over them and sprinkled on some McCormick's Montreal Steak seasoning. I roasted this for about 25 minutes in the oven and it was sooooo good. My favorite thing about roasting veggies is that they are still bursting with flavor and juices, but they are still tender.

But this recipe below is one of my favorites to make when I don't have much time. I tried it and fell in love. I ACTUALLY crave it sometimes. You all should definitely give it a try. It is Red Pepper Quiche. Here is the link.

http://joyinmykitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/red-pepper-quiche.html

If you have the time, browse through her blog. Her recipes are very well archived and easy to find. I made Eric the ice cream cake for his birthday and we loved it. I only had a hard time cutting it. :)

No comments: