Friday, February 19, 2010

The First Haircuts

Today was the monumental occasion known as the first haircuts!! I was nervous, only because I love the girls soft blonde locks and I didn't want to cut it yet. It just had to be done. The twins aren't too excited about leaving their hair up a lot, but they have started getting annoyed with it hanging in their face all the time too.

Thankfully we know and love someone (Jennifer, thank you again!!) who is super good with hair and said she would give the girls their first haircuts. I figured they would cry and was even more worried when they fell asleep in the car on the way over there.

But Lilly slept on the couch while Jenn cut Lexi's and then Lexi played with Jennifer's girls while Lilly got a turn. No tears at all!! I think they were pretty curious as to what was going on, but they were fine! I was surprised at how still they sat.


These next 5 pictures are all Alexis...

See how calm she was?
She watched the scissors very carefully too...here she is getting her first little bangs cut.
TA-DA!! She got a tiny trim and then the cute bangs. I love it!!
Next was Lilly bug....she had just woken up from a 45 minute nap, so she was a bit out of it. She cracked me up because she just wanted to poke her arms out from under that drape SO bad. She kept trying to hold my hands and then use my arms to throw the drape back off of her. She hates to sleep under blankets too. She will immediately kick any blanket off and let you know how she feels about it.

See here we are holding hands...
Getting her bangs cut...
Posing for Daddy...
It was nice to watch them play tonight without constantly brushing hair away...

1 comment:

Daddy Sanford said...

I'm really proud of them for the way they sat back and remained calm during this process. They are great little girlies!