Monday, February 15, 2010

Toddler Painting

I was googling "toddler activities" a few months back to get us out of our routine rut. I wanted to do something new and exciting for the girls and have it be something that would not make me lose my sanity. I saw this painting activity and thought it would be great. Then my friend, Kelly, put on her blog how she painted this way with her son. I knew it was a keeper idea.

You put a piece of paper into a large ziploc bag with several little sponges that have paint on them. Then you seal up all the mess and let the kiddos have fun. My girls were a bit grumpy when we did it, so they may have more fun with it the next time. :)

Lexi was NOT apprehensive...

Lilly had to think about her design first...all while Lexi was on a roll!
Then Lilly knew what to do...
Here I am holding up Lilly's finished product. They really wanted to play with them when they were wet, and cried as I took them away to the garage to dry.
Lexi loved hers too...
Of course, I got busy again and forgot to rinse out the sponges. Thankfully I have more. :)

No comments: