Monday, March 29, 2010

Balloon Madness

Today Lexi had a MAJOR meltdown in the Target parking lot that lasted the entire drive home, plus a little after we got home. You see, these girls love, love, love balloons!! It is an obsession. The girls got red balloons at HEB about 3 weeks back and they still occasionally ask for them and cry about them being gone.

So picture this....we are walking to our car outside Target, when the girls spot a double jogging stroller 2 aisles over. This wasn't any normal stroller, but the stroller of identical twin girls who were apparently celebrating their 1st birthday and happened to have pink princess balloons tied to their stroller.

So Lilly starts screaming, "Mine!!! Mine!!! My BALLOONS!!!" Then Lexi starts in with her screams of anger. She was screaming something that sounded similar to what Lilly was saying, but was slightly harder to understand. I got Lilly into the car and she calmed down. I thought maybe they were just tired and cranky. It was also time for lunch.

When I tried to put Lexi in her carseat, she squirmed sooo much and pinched her leg in the seat...just a tiny bit, but enough to really upset her. By the time I finally got her to stop squirming so much and got her strapped in properly, it had been about 3 minutes. The girls with the balloons were already in the store!!

Well, Miss Lexi cried SO hard all the way home that she was even trying to make herself gag and throw up. Thankfully she didn't succeed. I almost pulled over 3 times, which is a lot considering I live 5 minutes down the road from Target.

Eric helped me talk to her when we got home, but it was no use. She continued her fit for another 10 minutes or so, making Lilly cry because she didn't know what was wrong with "sister!!" In a few minutes she realized I was feeding Lilly lunch and decided to join us in the kitchen.

The funniest part was that I fully intended to take them to HEB today and let them get a balloon!! But not after that attitude!

Since I finally copied all my cell phone videos off the phone and onto my computer, I can show you all how excited they get with balloons. These are my SUPER happy little girls a few weeks back when they got their balloons at HEB. They continued screaming like this for hours after we got home!


No comments: