Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt #2

We went to the Belton Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday. Once again, the girls had a hard time waiting, but it looked like most of the kids were having a hard time. I was a bit surprised at some of the parents who were using their arms as shovels to scoop up as many eggs as they could for their kids. This time Lilly got 4 eggs and Lexi got 3. I was so proud of them. They ran to an egg, smiled, squealed, and put it in their bucket. It was so cute!!

My favorite part of the whole day was when Eric and Lexi walked past 2 siblings who were around 1 or 2, and who had not gotten any eggs. They were so sad and their mom was trying to explain to them that the other kids got the eggs and it would be okay. Just then another lady handed the little girl one of her kids eggs, so Eric and Lexi gave one of hers to the little boy. Lexi was beaming and very happy to give her egg to him, and it touched my heart to see her Daddy teach her something sweet like that. It was a great moment...add it to list!

Lilly is in blue...

Lilly and I headed straight for this patch...we got 1!!! Yea!!!

Did I get any yet?
Lilly tried to crack her plastic eggs open on the tree trunk. :)
Easter Day pictures to come soon....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love their pillowcase dresses!