Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Naptime

Naptime at our house is a little more varied than I like, but with the girls sleeping so great at night, variety is okey-dokey! The girls wake up at 8 am and are tired and rubbing their eyes about 2-2.5 hours later. I have found that they respond the best to this routine...put them in their bouncers or swing, hand them their little pink teddy bear blankets from Nana, and wrap them snuggly into blankets. They tend to sleep longer when they are warm under a blanket, and they really like being tucked in...we make it a game. :) They will smile and babble for a few moments and then they fall right to sleep.

Lexi-Bear this afternoon before her nap...all tucked in, snug as a bug in a rug! You can't see the teddy bears in these pictures because they are holding them tightly under the blankets.

My little burrito baby Lilly! :)

As for the rest of my household...and this is funny!...

Yesterday, I was relaxing on my bed while the girls were napping. The house was all quiet and Eric came in to talk to me and lay down for a while after finishing his online classes. He laid down and the next thing we knew, Sneezy was joining us too! Although, I guess he thought the most comfortable spot on the bed was Eric's bootie! :) Here he is...all snuggled up warm to Eric's butt! They both napped in this position for about an hour.


And this is a common scene after naptime. I call it the tangled pretzel babies. Right before I snapped this picture, their feet were on each other's faces and they were fussing at each other to please move. They have a tendency to want to play with each other and are then too rough. I guess they will have to learn!

No comments: