Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our House


Eric and I really like our house. It suited us very well when we bought it. It is now a little more crowded with two little ones, but it is still great. We are just having to be more organized, and creative with our organization. You have to be fairly organized when you have smaller spaces. We have a 3 bedroom...the master bedroom, the babies nursery, and Eric's study. :)

When I moved in, I was still working in Waco. So I was gone by 6:30 am and home at 6:00 pm. I got the house set up but not completely organized the way I like it. I think I am a lot more like my mother than I sometimes realize...I was taught that everything must have a place, somewhere that it "belonged" and when it was not in use, it was to be in that place. This is a hard thing to "teach" a husband (that sounds bad, doesn't it). I had and still have no intention of trying to change anything about Eric...I married him the way he is and love him completely, but he teases me a lot for telling him to please go put something in its place. He tries really hard though..he is just a silly boy sometimes!! :)

So then I went from working in Waco to being pregnant and trying to get things somewhat changed around for two little ones...cribs, swings, bouncers, high chairs...it all takes up a lot of space. Next came the bedrest...I about went mad just laying down for 5 weeks and thank God it was not longer. I plotted and plotted how to fix up the house while on bedrest.

Now I finally have my chance. I am trying to figure out what to do next, but I have a plan of attack for getting things really nice and organized. Here are some pictures of the house today.

And yes, I LOVE art!!!

Here is the girls nursery. We also have my big full size bed in there. We hope to let the girls share it when they are ready to move out of their cribs. That rocking chair was my mother's...she rocked me in it as a baby! I love rocking the girls in it. :)
The next picture is the doll shelf that Eric and my Dad put up before the girls were born. I used to have one in my room to hold all my dolls and toys. Everything up there was mine as a kid. I saved a big box of very sentimental items in hopes of giving them to my daughters one day. The girls have recently noticed it and stare at it every time we are in their room. They will smile at the dolls!

This is the girls toy/play area...Most of my day revolves around the stuff in that basket!! :)
Our front door...I just got this heart wreath for Valentines today at Target, super cute. Oh, I guess I should sweep those leaves, huh? :)

Our fireplace mantel...my favorite!
Our new car...I love it!
This is on the wall in Eric's study...I tried to decorate it in a more manly fashion. It used to be his office when he owned his own Private Investigations business. And yes, nobody wants to mess with my husband...he is a GREAT shot!! He brought this home one day after going to the gun range, and I kept it for him.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

What a beautiful home!! I am just like you...everything has its own place. I am still in the process of teaching my husband that. If everything is in it's place, it just makes life easier! :)

Epps said...

Everytime I see the title to this entry, the old Crosby Stills, Nash and Young tune...
"I'll light the fire
You put the flowers in the vase
That you bought today

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me

Come to me now
And rest your head for just five minutes
Everything is good
Such a cosy room
The windows are illuminated
By the sunshine through them
Fiery gems for you
Only for you

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
And our la,la,la, la,la, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

Our house is a very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you

I'll light the fire
And you place the flowers in the jar
That you bought today"

Amazing that I can remember those words, but don't know what I ate for breakfast!