Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Clothes and New Friends

Well we met the family in Killeen with twin girls yesterday and had such a fun time hanging out going through clothes. Whitney had her girls so well dressed. There were tons of outfits sized 6 months to 12 months, and it took us almost 2 hours to go through them all. Her girls were super sweet and played with my girls the whole time. They are 2 and were so gentle with Lilly and Lexi. They brought my girls their toys and covered them up with their own little blankets. My girls talked to them and smiled away. Three of the four fell asleep with exhaustion by the time we were ready to go. There were just so many clothes that we couldn't afford to get them all yesterday, but she is going to save them for me for another month.

It is just such a joy to meet another mom of twin girls close to the same age as mine. AND...I am going to have so much fun dressing them alike until they are at least 12 months. I even got them swimsuits with little zipper cover-ups yesterday. I left a lot of things I really wanted and liked, but there is no way we could afford ALL those cute outfits yesterday. The clothes are name brand and a few of them still had the tags on them. So, this may bore some of you, but I had to post some pictures of my favorites. We are trying to figure out what the girls are going to wear to their cousin't first birthday party next weekend..such a hard decision.

The pictures don't do the outfits justice, but here is a little sundress that came with matching bloomers. I think it is size 12 months. Next are some cute and hardly worn little sneakers.


This is a onesie with bloomers and then a little breezy skirt that goes over them. It is super adorable.
This is a 12 month sundress with bloomers and below that is a purple dress with little shorts to go under it.
Here is a long-sleeved top with matching jeans.
You gotta have "Twins Rock!" onesies.

Here are the swimsuits...She has matching little terry cloth flipflops that we will buy next time, but since the swimsuits are 12 months, we have time! :)

This is one of my favorites. It is a 3 piece set with a onesie, jeans, and then a light windbreaker. It is so soft and perfect. In fact, I put the coats on them today for our walk around the block. They are nice for this crazy Texas weather.

This is my ultimate favorite...it's a yellow corduroy dress from Gymboree. I am hoping it still fits around Easter. She had several light colored sundresses for the spring that I wanted to get, but since I was budgeting, I just got my favorite. There is only 1 hat, but they can share. Eric said that's how he will tell them apart. :)

Last but not least, here is Lilly modeling her new yellow dress. I could not get her to look at the camera. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great finds..! Those baby clothes are really very beautiful and cute. Well, Lilly is looking like an angel in her new yellow dress.