Thursday, March 12, 2009

Just a Quick Note...

I can't help being proud of my girls...what parents aren't proud of their kids from time to time?! I am not going to write a lot tonight nor am I going to post any pictures (no crying, now! It will be okay!)

There are a couple of things I wanted to share with everyone. On Monday, we were sitting outside on our front bench enjoying the nice weather. Lexi was watching the tree overhead blow in the breeze. All of the sudden, she stuck her hand in the air and waved at the tree and said, "hi!" It was absolutely precious! This was the first time that she made an obvious waving motion and said hi specifically at something. Now, she has been saying a word that sounded like "hi" for a couple of months now, but we have never actually known if she knew what she was saying or meant to say that. It was a great moment!

Then today, I was playing with the girls in the living room. I was sitting on the ground trying to keep them from getting into any trouble. The dogs have not yet realized that they are really mobile now, so Sneezy was sitting there not moving as Lilly crept closer and closer. She got about 1 inch from his nose and then nose to nose, she looked directly at him and laughed loudly. He then quickly ran away. And while that was adorable, here is what this terrible mommy almost missed...

I had set her down right before the "nose to nose" incident. When I looked back at her after watching Sneezy run away, she was sitting up. I smiled at her and then suddenly had to think...Did I set her on her bottom or on her belly?

I had set her on her belly and she crawled to Sneezy! NOW, she was sitting up and I did not help her do that!! I was ecstatic! Lilly is just not in a hurry to do new things like Lexi is...she seems to be more laid back! Lexi started sitting up on her own the day after she first crawled! She does it like a pro all the time now. So this was the first time for my little Lilly bug!!

I always make such an effort to make a big deal over her new things too....you can't just get excited about the first one to do something. That would just be wrong and I am proud of BOTH my girls for every milestone! Lilly continued getting up and down for the rest of the day and I made sure she knew how proud I was of her!

This is the last thing, I promise...Lexi has been pulling herself up on the fireplace and a few other objects for a while now too, but today, she pulled herself up fairly quickly on the couch cushion. She stood up super straight and proud and her Daddy doted all over her! He took some pictures of her as she stood there and I will try to post those tomorrow.

I am sooooooo enjoying being a mother!! I always knew that God had created me to be a wife and a mother and that was my greatest desire! I am so thankful that my dreams have all come true!! I have Eric, my beautiful daughters, and two really cute little dogs that drive me crazy! What a great life! Thank you, God, for giving me sooooooo many blessings!

No comments: