Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tutus and Sweetie Pies

Don't you just love these two pictures? They came out so good...of course, I have such precious subjects!

I started making birthday tutus last night and now have 2 of them almost finished. They are so cute, if I do say so myself. I didn't think they were easy to make until my friend, Jessica, told me how they make them. Then I found some instructional videos on YouTube...gotta love that website! :)

So for at least a third less than you can buy them online, I am making my own. Here are a couple of pictures of the girls trying them on...I am still getting in the groove and don't have the backs of these finished. I don't think the girls knew what to think. :)

These first pictures are Lilly...Lexi was more excited about the tutu when Lilly had it on than when she was wearing it. :)
Lexi trying her tutu on for the first time over her jammies this morning!
The plan is to put a white onesie underneath the tutus and add a little iron-on decal to the onesie...perhaps a number 1 for their first birthday! I am such a planner and it works better when you have 2 babies to plan a little bit ahead. Go figure! They also have little "Baby's First Birthday" crowns from their Nana Epps to wear...thus the reason for the colors in their tutus. They gotta match!! :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

My friend taught me how to make tutus and I couldn't believe how easy it was and sooo cheap! they are going to look so cute in them!!!

Epps said...

"They gotta match..."
Well, okay. I'm having as much fun watching you as you're having with the girls!! Thank you - it's great...

Melissa said...

Cuteness!!! I love the tutus!